cosmetic tattoo by jessica renich
MANE + BLADE BEAUTY STUDIO / 1979 E. 17TH ST. #142 SANTA ANA CA 92705
(required 8-12 wk. touch up is included in total price and will be booked at time of initial appointment)
additional sessions 150
yearly refresher 9-16 mon. 250
2+ year touchup 450
Please read FAQ and aftercare thoroughly before booking your microblading appointment
If you have previously tattooed eyebrows, please email me a clear unedited photo of your current eyebrows before booking an appointment
If you currently color your brows lighter or darker, please make sure to color them the appropriate color one week before coming to get your brows microbladed so I can match the color of your eyebrow hairs correctly
Deposits are non-refundable, and I allow one rescheduling without a fee of $35
No shows are subject to not being able to book with me again
Every client’s skin responds differently after their service, this info acts as a guideline only! If you have ANY questions or concerns about your brows, please notify me through text or email.
Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker in color and more sharply defined and larger overall. This will happen for the 2-3 days after the 1st appointment.
Swelling and redness is minimal, and will disappear within 24-48 hours. In some cases it may last around the eye area for up to 3 days, but won't prevent working or socializing. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards.
You can bathe normally, but avoid any soaps or cleansers directly on the treated area for the first day as it’s pretty detrimental for the pigment to stabilize in the dermis the first few days. Please put a layer of the provided barrier cream given on brows before getting in shower / bath. Do not fully submerge your brows in any kind of water for an extended period of time - including pool / jacuzzi.
Wash your hands thoroughly before touching the tattooed area, and use clean Q-tips to apply your barrier cream. Please do not use your bare fingertips! If you have any reactions to the barrier cream, stop using immediately and contact me or try using a very small amount of Aquaphor instead.
Press on brows using a clean paper towel to squeeze out any excess blood and lymph. This helps with healing so your brows won't become too scabby or crusty. CLEAN PAPER TOWELS ONLY, as tissue or random napkins can leave debris/lint on your healing brows.
Keep the tattooed area clean by rinsing with lukewarm water and patting dry with a disposable paper towel as needed.
Avoid any kind of moisturizer, oil and Vaseline for the first two weeks.
If possible, try not sleeping directly on your face, and make sure to sleep on a clean pillowcase.
DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It will appear as though the eyebrows are gone. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as the skin regenerates.
DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks. Chemicals of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo. No make-up, tinting or lashes or brows, sun, soap, sauna, Jacuzzi, swimming in chlorine pools or in the recreational bodies of water, contact with animals, gardening for 7-10 days, (until area is completely healed) post procedure and after all touch-ups.
The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and get lighter. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, because your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color, only after 6 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done. Brows all heal up to 30% softer than the initial color.
Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment.
Results are not determined until after your touch-up is complete.
Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, you may apply sunscreen on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
Glycolic Acid, face peel products and exfoliation must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten or alter the pigment.
Please do not give blood for one year after your microblading appointment, per Red Cross' request.
If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
I recommend having a yearly refresher appointment to keep strokes crisp and pigment color consistent.
What is microblading?
- Microblading is implanting color pigment under the surface of the skin using a small, sterile, disposable needle to give the appearance of fuller brows or to enhance eyebrows. I do a full consultation before we do any tattooing, and map your brows according to your face shape using my best judgment.
Microblading is to create a natural looking brow to help aide shape and create density. It also helps cut down makeup application time by already having a shape created to go over with your brow makeup of choice. I do offer manual shading to give more of a makeup look, but I can recommend other technicians trained in ombré / powder brows if you’d like a stronger defined makeup look.
Where did you get your training?
- I took a course with Elite Permanent Makeup Academy in Los Angeles, and also completed a master microblading course with Audrey Glass of AG Cosmetic Tattoo in Los Angeles in 2017.
Do I have to have a touchup?
- YES, microblading is a gradual process and at least two sessions are required to achieve desired results. I absolutely recommend keeping up with your brows yearly to keep the strokes fresh and not blur out as your skin regenerates. The touch-up is included the entire price, so make sure to come back and have them complete!
I had my eyebrows tattooed before / my old tattoo is faded, can I still get my brows microbladed?
- I require you to email me a picture prior to booking your appointment. I can do color corrections for previous very faded tattoos, but do not specialize in removal. I recommend you visit someone who is trained in permanent makeup removal, or letting your brows fade before coming to me for an appointment.
Can I still wash my face after? What about makeup?
- Please avoid getting soap, moisturizers, or makeup directly on your brows for the first two weeks. I will give you an aftercare card on how to clean and take care of your brows at your appointment. Avoid putting any makeup on your brows for the first two weeks, and keep your face makeup away from the top of your brows and directly on them. Make sure to use the barrier cream when showering and applying makeup.
How long does microblading last?
- The service is considered semi-permanent and won't wash off, but it will fade over time and might need a touch-up every 1-2 years. Frequency of touch-ups depend on different factors: the pigment of color used, lifestyle, iron deficiency, or if any chemical peels come into contact with the area. Final results vary and can't be guaranteed because every skin type holds pigment differently .
Touch-ups are normal for cosmetic tattoos, each new procedure usually requires two visits. The intital tattoo is followed up by a touch-up if needed about 8-12 weeks later.
Can I get tattooed when pregnant or nursing?
- Just to be safe, I'd rather not to microblade anyone who is pregnant or nursing.
What does the tattoo look like right after my appointment? What is the healing process like?
- Your tattoo will appear darker and bigger at first. This will gradually lighten during the healing process. The first two weeks are the most important part of healing and you must use the provided barrier cream. I cannot guarantee how they will flake or scab, as everyone’s bodies heal differently. You must not pick and flakes or scabs as it could damage your brow and prematurely remove any pigment. One the flaky layer has shedded, your brow will be covered by healing skin appearing lighter. After another 2-3 weeks the brow will start to slowly reappear a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
Will my brows be healed by (specific date)?
- Everyone heals differently so I can’t guarantee what stage of healing you’ll be in by a specific time. Please give the first session 8-12 weeks to heal, and the same amount of time for your touchup. Once your second session is done, you should be good for 9-16 months! Then you’ll need a yearly color refresher as over time, your skin regenerates and the hairstrokes soften.
I think my eyebrows are too dark!
- Your brows will heal 30-50% lighter depending on your skin type and how they heal. At your touch up we will make any adjustments based on how you've healed. Please allow 8-12 full weeks before your touch up.